Sunday, July 8, 2012

Egg Tacos

So... I haven't posted in a second... so here's a post... wiff Bacon!!! Okay so today we is making some Egg Tacos... now of course pretty much anything you see me or my counterpart post is simply a guideline... take  it and make it your own... or try it like we do... its completely up to  you... Now in the picture above I have two slices of Bacon that I further sliced into little pieces of food heaven...

Now fry your Bacon to desired doneness and set aside... normally I would  put the Bacon on a piece of paper towel or something to drain off some of the excess grease but we don't have any paper towel cuz we keep forgetting to grab some...

Now crack some eggs... I only used two for this "recipe" cuz I'm only feeding myself... so yeah just crack away until you feel you have enough  eggs for however many people that may be eating your delicious tacos...  please try not to make too much though... waste not want not...

Now scrabble them with whatever you like to spice up your tacos with...  normally I would reach for cumin, paprika, chili powder, and fresh cracked black pepper... but lately I have only opted for the pepper...

Now of course I love my Bacon bi-products but you don't have to do it this way if your counting your calories... but what I do when ever I have Bacon and eggs in any combination I cook the eggs in the Bacon Grease... so there is my pan with all my little Bacon tid bits and a little bit of grease after I drained off some into my special container...  

So I got my pan heating up... and I put the Bacon back into the pan to warm it back up just a bit so that I can go to the next step...

Poor your eggs and cook them till you think they are done... me I like mine "burnt" as my lovely assistant/photographer says... to me its more like browned...

So here I have my eggs that aren't quite done yet...

Now take your tortilla... please try to go for corn... if you don't like  corn tortillas then you don't have to... but if you haven't tried them yet... try them with these tacos... its a wonderful marriage... now heat  up your torts... I do so by heating up a skillet over high heat and cooking the tort till it starts getting black burn marks on it...

On top of the tort goes your egg and Bacon concoction and cheese...

Then some salsa... here I have some organic black bean and corn salsa that I buy from the health food store... its a local salsa too... I absolutely love love love this salsa...

Then some cilantro... a lot of people don't like it cuz it  supposedly has soapy flavor... I've never tasted that layer of the flavor so I guess you should just try it for yourself...

Then last but not least... Spinach... I know people are going to just go  straight for the iceberg lettuce but try switching it up... you don't have to use spinach but there are so many different varieties of lettuce  out there that have much more nutritional value... but there you have it... Egg Tacos... nummeh num!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment